waiting list time, can you speed it up?

In my area the waiting time for an assessment is about 5 years. I'm halfway through but also so burnt out and struggling to keep working, cannot afford to lose my job but I'm not formally diagnosed so I can't find any other help in my area. 

Other than ending up on the psych ward, which I have been trying so hard to avoid for the last 20 years, is there any way of speeding up the wait time for an assessment? I hate that I'm even asking this question, everyone else on the list is important too but I'm really struggling with life at the moment and I need an accurate diagnosis. My GP surgery aren't taking me seriously and tell me to keep taking my depression & anxiety meds and go for a walk, try mindfulness etc. I do not know what to do.

Parents
  • You can. If you are aware of the service provider for your screening, you can appeal to the practice manager for a faster track, you should give them a measure of the suffering that a lack of diagnosis and the surplus of waiting period is continually causing you..:)

• You can. If you are aware of the service provider for your screening, you can appeal to the practice manager for a faster track, you should give them a measure of the suffering that a lack of diagnosis and the surplus of waiting period is continually causing you..:)

Children
No Data