waiting list time, can you speed it up?

In my area the waiting time for an assessment is about 5 years. I'm halfway through but also so burnt out and struggling to keep working, cannot afford to lose my job but I'm not formally diagnosed so I can't find any other help in my area. 

Other than ending up on the psych ward, which I have been trying so hard to avoid for the last 20 years, is there any way of speeding up the wait time for an assessment? I hate that I'm even asking this question, everyone else on the list is important too but I'm really struggling with life at the moment and I need an accurate diagnosis. My GP surgery aren't taking me seriously and tell me to keep taking my depression & anxiety meds and go for a walk, try mindfulness etc. I do not know what to do.

Parents
  • Apart from seeking a private assessment, im not sure how you can speed this up. If you know that you are aitistic, self diagnosed, then how about starting to accept this and making changes to help you "manage better"? To be honest once diagnosed i dont know if there is much help out there. 

Do you have a supportive employer who you could talk to? Could you take some time off sick? X

• Apart from seeking a private assessment, im not sure how you can speed this up. If you know that you are aitistic, self diagnosed, then how about starting to accept this and making changes to help you "manage better"? To be honest once diagnosed i dont know if there is much help out there. 

Do you have a supportive employer who you could talk to? Could you take some time off sick? X

Children
No Data