Dreams

Hi everyone :) 

I have a question about dreams. 

Aside from having autism, I also have a number of mental health issues like depression and complex PTSD so I don't know if this is a ND thing, a trauma thing, or just a 'me' thing, but does anyone else have the most intense, wild and lingering dreams? 

Often my dreams are extremely distressing and I can clearly delineate these as PTSD type dreams because of the content/themes, etc. However a lot of the time my dreams are just hyper-realistic and extremely rich/detailed but non-scary. I wonder if this is a ND thing? It is like a whole new paradigm is created in the hours I am asleep, the people I meet aren't 1 dimensional, they have history and true, textured lives. I don't forget these dreams once I wake up, I can ruminate upon them for days and days because of the way they seem so realistic. In some ways, I wonder at time if the dreams are actually more like hallucinations? (even thought I haven't necessarily taken any drugs before sleeping). 

Sometimes I also have lucid dreaming but this is usually when I am having to escape a scary or threatening situation. My father (also autistic) has these lucid dreams - often within which we are both able to fly. 

My mum says she doesn't think she dreams really - which i find deeply, deeply frightening. 

Anyway, just wanted to share and see what people think! 

Parents
  • i have lots of vivid dreams.... some which seem very trippy, im aware and lucid in alot of them, i think when you become aware the dream then tries to turn to horror and reject you, when your aware of it while in it then it seems to attack you as a defence mechanism..

but then i had other dreams that were more than dreams and were more out of body combined with slightly displaced into the future, i saw my parents waking me up in the dream, i woke up and they wasnt there, was going to go to sleep then they came into the room exactly how i saw in my dream. proving my dream was more than a dream and saw the exact future how it was.

• i have lots of vivid dreams.... some which seem very trippy, im aware and lucid in alot of them, i think when you become aware the dream then tries to turn to horror and reject you, when your aware of it while in it then it seems to attack you as a defence mechanism..

but then i had other dreams that were more than dreams and were more out of body combined with slightly displaced into the future, i saw my parents waking me up in the dream, i woke up and they wasnt there, was going to go to sleep then they came into the room exactly how i saw in my dream. proving my dream was more than a dream and saw the exact future how it was.

Children
No Data