DWP & Power of Attorney Advice Needed!!

My daughter is 25 years old Diagnosed with Autism Just before she reached 18.

She gets PIP with mobility (as she can't travel without guidance)

She is on Work related ESA and has to go to meetings with a work coach.

As yet she has never worked - long story but she has many issues going back to early childhood.

She finds the meetings at the Job Centre very distressing (too many People, Too much noise ETC) and put simply cannot always manage to do this.

I have a LPA for Finance & Property as she's dreadful with finances. 

What I'd like to know is would the DWP accept this and allow me to act on her behalf in regards to her work coach meetings. 

I've tried contacting the DWP ESA but I either get cut of or I am on hold for what seems like forever.

Thanks in Advance.

Parents
  • Yes you can become her nominee and act on her behalf. I act on my daughter's behalf for both DWP and Jobcentre. All the letters come to me and money is paid into our account. We then pay her a weekly sum. Her problems with money have also resulted in her being put in the support group for ESA so she no longer has to attend Jobcentre meetings. She is still keen to get a job though. 

• Yes you can become her nominee and act on her behalf. I act on my daughter's behalf for both DWP and Jobcentre. All the letters come to me and money is paid into our account. We then pay her a weekly sum. Her problems with money have also resulted in her being put in the support group for ESA so she no longer has to attend Jobcentre meetings. She is still keen to get a job though. 

Children
No Data