Autism? Anxiety? Or both?

Hey hey, 

does anyone else find that they cannot relax/got to bed without checking everything a certain number of times? If im the last to leave I have to check I’ve locked the door by pressing the handle 3 times. And I have to check the 3, 3 times (so essentially 9times and 1 for luck because I hate odd numbers they don’t feel right) but I also have the take a photo. It’s like my brain won’t tell me the door is locked until I’ve done it so many times. I’m staying elsewhere dog sitting for family and It takes me half an hour to go to bed because I have to do all of my things before I can go. I make sure someone else checks when I’m at home but I can’t go to bed until I see them check! I feel so annoying but then I wish I could just check once and be comfortable I’ve done it. I don’t get people who can! 

Parents
  • Yes I get this, it's part of my bed time routine. I check the windows and doors are locked, twice. I make sure the smoke alarm is working. I use my phone to make sure the house alarm is functioning and I always have a quick peep through the curtains to make sure there's no strange people and vehicles lingering outside.

If I don't do the above I can't sleep. Everything has to be done in that exact order and if it isn't I'm unsettled and anxious, meaning no sleep for Katy.

• Very sensible routine, twice is nothing, the problem is when someone does it, say 47 times or spends half an hour checking things over and over again.  

• I try to prepare to leave half an hour early but then I’m still late and think omg I’ve got to cancel but I can’t cancel but I can’t be late then my brain goes a million miles an hour 

Reply Children
No Data