Can I get more support from Job Centre as an unemployed autistic adult?

Hi everyone,
I'm currently unemployed and have been since January 2022, I'm really struggling to find work as I've only had two jobs before and I don't stand out at all to employers.  I'm trying my absolute hardest and that simply isn't enough for receuiters out there. 

The reason I'm writing this, though, is about the Job Centre. Is there any additional support I can get from them - other than just being stuck on the Work and Heath programme? I have expressed my need for more help and got sent there, and they just treat me awfully the same as my work coach does and sends me home. I've since asked to be taken off the Work and Heath programme, and I was told I'm not allowed as I have to be signed up to some sort of additional programme since I've been unemployed for a certain amount of time. 

I feel stuck in a never ending cycle of being told 'yep just keep doing what you're doing' or 'your efforts aren't good enough and we need to see more from you' but no actual help no matter how many times I ask. I was considering going to Citizen's Advice to ask for some guidance, but thought I would reach out here in case any one can relate. 

Parents
  • as for supoort the jobcenter will readily send you on silly courses to private programmes that both sides make money off, but yet doesnt support you... often these courses just make you change your cv, and each one you get sent on criticises the last one and says their cv they did you was bad... but yet all of their cvs are equally bad lol

Spot on, that is my experience too.

The answer to your question about extra support is both yes and no.

No to the financial aspect.

Yes to 'practical support ',  if you have an actual autism diagnosis you will get extra help and practical support.  Such as more help in CV writing.  Maybe a limited time job placement with someone who gets a payment from the government to employ you for a time.

• as for supoort the jobcenter will readily send you on silly courses to private programmes that both sides make money off, but yet doesnt support you... often these courses just make you change your cv, and each one you get sent on criticises the last one and says their cv they did you was bad... but yet all of their cvs are equally bad lol

Spot on, that is my experience too.

The answer to your question about extra support is both yes and no.

No to the financial aspect.

Yes to 'practical support ',  if you have an actual autism diagnosis you will get extra help and practical support.  Such as more help in CV writing.  Maybe a limited time job placement with someone who gets a payment from the government to employ you for a time.

Children
No Data