Post diagnosis - what next?

I have now received my diagnosis and received my report. 

I am 46 and perimenopausal so it has been very complex emotionally.

It has been recommended that I am assessed now for ADHD and have been referred to Psychiatry UK which is a 6 month wait.

I wondered where to start now other than what was recommended in the report such as reading biographies from women with autism and this organisation/forum to read up on female autism.

I have a mixture of emotions and have been enjoying some volunteer work helping in a charity shop and dog walking. The social element is difficult some days, others not depending on my mood (if it is low). 

I am looking for some guidance on what to do next? I am under the CMHT and meeting them again in 2 weeks.

Parents
  • Hi DA 

I too am a woman who just recently got diagnosed, so we're roughly in the same boat. 

The question of 'What now?" comes up quite often and frankly I don't have any answers for you, but I do come on here every day to chat to people and share common experiences. 

I would recommend a guy who I follow on Twitter called Matthew - search for #ActuallyAutistic coach online and you'll find his website. I am in the process of doing one of his courses and it is quite interesting. He put me into a WhatsApp group with other people doing my coaching course and it is nice to be able to share experiences this way. 

Good luck at your next CMHT meeting. :)

• Hi DA 

I too am a woman who just recently got diagnosed, so we're roughly in the same boat. 

The question of 'What now?" comes up quite often and frankly I don't have any answers for you, but I do come on here every day to chat to people and share common experiences. 

I would recommend a guy who I follow on Twitter called Matthew - search for #ActuallyAutistic coach online and you'll find his website. I am in the process of doing one of his courses and it is quite interesting. He put me into a WhatsApp group with other people doing my coaching course and it is nice to be able to share experiences this way. 

Good luck at your next CMHT meeting. :)

Children
No Data