Worrying about assessment

I'm getting more stressed about my assessment. I think it's the not knowing what will happen, where will it be, who will be there. I get really stressed when it's something new and I have no way of doing any research. Can you tell me what will it be like, how many people will be there, what sort of questions get asked, how long does it last for. Sorry I'm just trying to get a picture in my mind of what could happen on the day

Parents
  • I've met with my employment support worker and we are going to work on my communication skills. I can't do chit chat, I struggle to know if what's being asked is actually a question I'm supposed to answer. Does that make sense? Ive never actually got myself a job through an interview it's always been through knowing someone. If I could demonstrate my skills rather than speak it would be so much easier. Even though I'm not officially diagnosed she is going to speak to the autism team to see what help there is and for some tips on how to help me and to see if I can be assessed quicker. 

• I've met with my employment support worker and we are going to work on my communication skills. I can't do chit chat, I struggle to know if what's being asked is actually a question I'm supposed to answer. Does that make sense? Ive never actually got myself a job through an interview it's always been through knowing someone. If I could demonstrate my skills rather than speak it would be so much easier. Even though I'm not officially diagnosed she is going to speak to the autism team to see what help there is and for some tips on how to help me and to see if I can be assessed quicker. 

Children
  • Yes, I volunteer at a local community cafe and one of the woman who runs it now knows that if she is sending me a question by text or e-Mail that she has to put a ? at the end of the question if she wants to be sure of an answer.

if you are on benefits it may be possible to arrange job trials which may enable you to demonstrate your skills as well as not committing the employer to anything and not affecting your benefits. Speak to your advisor at the job centre.