Worrying about assessment

I'm getting more stressed about my assessment. I think it's the not knowing what will happen, where will it be, who will be there. I get really stressed when it's something new and I have no way of doing any research. Can you tell me what will it be like, how many people will be there, what sort of questions get asked, how long does it last for. Sorry I'm just trying to get a picture in my mind of what could happen on the day

Parents
  • Hi Dream - Nice to meet you. 

My diagnosis was conducted on Zoom in about 1hr 20m. 

They mostly went through all the paperwork I had provided before the assessment and asked me about elements of it. These covered topics like my childhood, my schooling, my siblings, my parents, etc. 

They provided the diagnosis within the session and followed up with the supporting paperwork 4 weeks later. 

The interview was with 1 male psychiatrist. 

I hope this helps ease your concerns. 

• Hey - My referral was via the NHS, but after referral I asked for a 'right to choose' which put me on track to get an assessment sooner. EEssentiallythe NHS pay for a private outsourced company to provide the assessment and it is a lot quicker than sitting on the regular NHS waiting list. The company who provided my assessment were called Psychiatry UK. You can google them and book an appointment yourself, or, you can ask your GP to refer you. 

Good luck. 

Reply Children
No Data