Worrying about assessment

I'm getting more stressed about my assessment. I think it's the not knowing what will happen, where will it be, who will be there. I get really stressed when it's something new and I have no way of doing any research. Can you tell me what will it be like, how many people will be there, what sort of questions get asked, how long does it last for. Sorry I'm just trying to get a picture in my mind of what could happen on the day

Parents
  • Sorry what do you mean... The psychiatrist outranks the support worker? I've done the aq50 and then all the other questionnaires and I'm really concerned that I'm autistic. I really struggle with communication, social skills and the meaning of things, routine, rules, noises, intense fixations, I have no friends because I don't get what it means, I can't pretend play with my nephews. Then I have delusions, paranoid thoughts, lows and highs. I just feel all over the place at the moment. Everything is getting on top of me

• Sorry what do you mean... The psychiatrist outranks the support worker? I've done the aq50 and then all the other questionnaires and I'm really concerned that I'm autistic. I really struggle with communication, social skills and the meaning of things, routine, rules, noises, intense fixations, I have no friends because I don't get what it means, I can't pretend play with my nephews. Then I have delusions, paranoid thoughts, lows and highs. I just feel all over the place at the moment. Everything is getting on top of me

Children
  • The psychiatrist is more qualified to diagnose you as schizoaffective bipolar than the support worker (the support worker probably can’t diagnose you one way or another as far as the schizoaffective bipolar is concerned) although that doesn’t mean the support worker can’t also diagnose you as autistic assuming the support worker has sufficient knowledge and experience of autism. What is does mean however is that the support worker is not going to question the diagnosis of the psychiatrist.