Worrying about assessment

I'm getting more stressed about my assessment. I think it's the not knowing what will happen, where will it be, who will be there. I get really stressed when it's something new and I have no way of doing any research. Can you tell me what will it be like, how many people will be there, what sort of questions get asked, how long does it last for. Sorry I'm just trying to get a picture in my mind of what could happen on the day

Parents
  • I'm so nervous, I'm thinking about not going ahead with the assessment. I have schizoaffective bipolar disorder, I'm afraid that they will un diagnose that and remove my meds if they find I'm autistic. I need my meds. I don't know what to do, any advice? 

• ahhhh yeah schizoaffective stuff can have overlapping symptoms with autism so they may have to reconsider that and be its one or the other maybe...

what prompted you to go in for all of the things? i mean with autism symptoms you could pretty much ask for diagnosis on every single personality disorder really and likely pass all of them as all disorders overlap.

i dunno, i was gonna say go ahead with it anyway but if meds could be at risk then i dunno i wouldnt wanna say go ahead and then you lose your meds over it when they have to reconsider the previous diagnosis. but then again perhaps it wouldnt lead to reconsidering of previous but instead be a block to this diagnosis as any of those asd traits have already been used on the schizoaffective diagnosis and have gone towards that perhaps. so i think maybe at worse your previous diagnosis will just block this one rather than this one taking away the previous

• ahhhh yeah schizoaffective stuff can have overlapping symptoms with autism so they may have to reconsider that and be its one or the other maybe...

what prompted you to go in for all of the things? i mean with autism symptoms you could pretty much ask for diagnosis on every single personality disorder really and likely pass all of them as all disorders overlap.

i dunno, i was gonna say go ahead with it anyway but if meds could be at risk then i dunno i wouldnt wanna say go ahead and then you lose your meds over it when they have to reconsider the previous diagnosis. but then again perhaps it wouldnt lead to reconsidering of previous but instead be a block to this diagnosis as any of those asd traits have already been used on the schizoaffective diagnosis and have gone towards that perhaps. so i think maybe at worse your previous diagnosis will just block this one rather than this one taking away the previous

Children
No Data