Jobs

Hi,

I am currently looking for a job, before I intend to start university next year. The thing is, I have not been able to hold a job for more than 6 months and they have all been pretty disastrous. I am highly capable of completing tasks within the job, however I have endured a lot of bullying and I am terrified to go back into employment. I have only recently been diagnosed with autism, and haven’t had a job since then. I want to approach professionals on LinkedIn to perhaps get some work experience in the field I am wanting to go into, but I feel embarrassed in case I get overwhelmed and leave on bad terms. Does anyone have any advice? I have also heard people on here talk about an employment support worker, could anyone give me information on this?

thank you

Parents
  • What field are you wanting to go into?

The DWP have a scheme, Access to Work (?), which covers help to disabled people and their employer to enable them to do a job and which may or may not involve a support worker depending on your needs and the job. You should be able to find information online if not contact your local job centre.

• Ah thank you for this information! I was looking for something short term before going to university, but have struggled in customer facing jobs before so I’m not too sure to be honest.

Reply Children
No Data