Words

Does anyone else get words or phrases stuck in their heads and say them over and over again either in your head or verbally?

I understand this is linked to echolalia.

My word at the moment is “frijola”. No idea where I’ve heard it from (usually, well always, I hear something to then repeat it). No idea of its meaning - google seems to imply it’s just a name. However I love hearing the word, sounding it out, the flow of the letters, and have just continually said it over and over for the last few days! 

Just wondered if anyone else does this, what is your current phrase, word, lyric etc that’s on repeat?

My very overwhelmed and overtired brain has decided to take this thought process at 4am rather than letting me sleep! 

Parents
  • Yes 2 lines off two different songs which I keep hammering but I can't get them / they won't go out of my system. I wake up in the night they are there. One of the songs is quite repetitive in itself. It drives me mad but I love it.

• Yes 2 lines off two different songs which I keep hammering but I can't get them / they won't go out of my system. I wake up in the night they are there. One of the songs is quite repetitive in itself. It drives me mad but I love it.

Children