Good career for autism

I'm thinking of going in to a career associated with my special interests. One of my special interests is in human health so I'm thinking about becoming a nurse or another of my interests relating to mortuary science so I'm thinking I could study and become a mortuary assistant.

Both of these careers are rewarding and extremely interesting to me. But as usual I worry about it, mostly because of my Autism, it causes me to overthink and get overwhelmed easily and I'm worried because of that I won't be able to do this.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this and own experiences if you've worked in this or similar.

Parents
  • Hello. If you can do this then I think it's a great idea. The NHS needs ASD workers, it can only help and it would be a highly rewarding experience I would think. My mum is an RN and she loves her work, really loves it. There's a lot of jobs you could train in to within the NHS, you can look up what positions are available to see which might best suit you and your strengths. Good luck with this, I hope it works out for you.

• Hello. If you can do this then I think it's a great idea. The NHS needs ASD workers, it can only help and it would be a highly rewarding experience I would think. My mum is an RN and she loves her work, really loves it. There's a lot of jobs you could train in to within the NHS, you can look up what positions are available to see which might best suit you and your strengths. Good luck with this, I hope it works out for you.

Children
No Data