Good career for autism

I'm thinking of going in to a career associated with my special interests. One of my special interests is in human health so I'm thinking about becoming a nurse or another of my interests relating to mortuary science so I'm thinking I could study and become a mortuary assistant.

Both of these careers are rewarding and extremely interesting to me. But as usual I worry about it, mostly because of my Autism, it causes me to overthink and get overwhelmed easily and I'm worried because of that I won't be able to do this.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this and own experiences if you've worked in this or similar.

Parents
  • Go for it. The world needs more autistic health care workers.

One caveat is that if you are noise sensitive then hospitals might not be the best environment to work in. There is so much noise and activity all the time, plus all kinds of machines bleeping and buzzers etc. I believe the patients in a mortuary tend to be quieter Wink

• Go for it. The world needs more autistic health care workers.

One caveat is that if you are noise sensitive then hospitals might not be the best environment to work in. There is so much noise and activity all the time, plus all kinds of machines bleeping and buzzers etc. I believe the patients in a mortuary tend to be quieter Wink

Children