Good career for autism

I'm thinking of going in to a career associated with my special interests. One of my special interests is in human health so I'm thinking about becoming a nurse or another of my interests relating to mortuary science so I'm thinking I could study and become a mortuary assistant.

Both of these careers are rewarding and extremely interesting to me. But as usual I worry about it, mostly because of my Autism, it causes me to overthink and get overwhelmed easily and I'm worried because of that I won't be able to do this.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this and own experiences if you've worked in this or similar.

Parents
  • I think it would be helpful to either of those professions to have another person who understands the way autistic people think, and how we process pain (both physical and emotional). If you're not at all squeamish then I say go for it!

• I think it would be helpful to either of those professions to have another person who understands the way autistic people think, and how we process pain (both physical and emotional). If you're not at all squeamish then I say go for it!

Children
No Data