Can Psychodelic Drug Therapy Under Controlled Conditions Neutralise Autism

The Americal Public Broadcasting System (PBS America) broadcasted this fascinating documentary on the positive theraputic and permament effects of psilocybin on the brains of poeple suffering with acute addictions providing it is administered in a professionally controlled environment.  This is still under continued research.

My hope is MODS will recognise the congruity between the parts of our brains affected with addictions---as presented in this documentary---and those same brain parts (pre-frontal cortex,amygdala) that affects ASD, before deciding to delete this thread owing to the inclusion of the below link despite my intention to highlight this scientific research as a possible future ray of hope for those of us who are at odds with their ASD condition. The American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is closely looking at this.

https://www.pbsamerica.co.uk/series/can-psychedelics-cure/

• An interesting concept.

I have reservations about how effective it could be because of the nature of autism (ie our brains are wired differently to neurotypicals) but I can see there being situations where it could be useful.

My biggest concern is around the predisposition for autists to addictive behaviours and engaging in mind altering drugs would be fraught risk.

I'll keep an eye on this research - thanks for flagging it up.