Can any ND truly claim to have found peace of mind?

I've spent a liftime trying to run away from myself.  The penny dropped with me some years ago how futile my ruminations were. I've tried giving myself permission to accept my status quo. It works for me in the short term but old habits die hard with my return to beating myself up every now and again.  Has anyone else succeeded in achieving this elusive peace of mind?

Parents
  • Sometimes, I guess. I'm not sure whether it's a permanent state, because life is ever-changing. But sometimes, I think so. 

I have fought, and fought and fought with myself so many times. Things are of course not perfect and I face a lot of challenges in life, but... I am so tired of self-doubt, anxiety and pain that honestly, I think I may have lost interest. 

Also, things happened in my life which eventually changed my perspective. I suffered life-changing injuries in an accident, my closest friends both died whilst still quite young, suddenly. And other things. 

I find peace in the natural world, my dog, in kindness and compassion to others, whenever I can. 

Just a personal perspective, I think perhaps peace of mind is different for everyone. 

• Sometimes, I guess. I'm not sure whether it's a permanent state, because life is ever-changing. But sometimes, I think so. 

I have fought, and fought and fought with myself so many times. Things are of course not perfect and I face a lot of challenges in life, but... I am so tired of self-doubt, anxiety and pain that honestly, I think I may have lost interest. 

Also, things happened in my life which eventually changed my perspective. I suffered life-changing injuries in an accident, my closest friends both died whilst still quite young, suddenly. And other things. 

I find peace in the natural world, my dog, in kindness and compassion to others, whenever I can. 

Just a personal perspective, I think perhaps peace of mind is different for everyone. 

Children
No Data