Is this a shutdown?

Hi all, 

I'm a late diagnosed (46) autistic female and I'm currently having one of those days when I JUST CAN'T !   This happens after I have 'overspent'  - and by that I mean I had a had a busy weekend with lots of 'peopling' (ugh!) and kids party, lots of social things going on and and things that had to be done to prepare for those social things - and now, it is Monday and my productivity is at zero! I really mean zero.  I lay down on my office floor to breath earlier.   And that's what got me wondering - is this a meltdown / or shutdown ? Is this an autistic thing?  

It feels like I have overspent my energy, focus, ability and now I have nothing left.   Can't do anything.  Very low tolerance for noise also.   

This happens on a regular basis at varying degrees of severity  - I have thought of it as uneven productivity, but I wonder if it is more than that?   

Anyone else have something similar? 

Thanks in advance, 

Parents
  • I get that , it has become worse as I get older. I have to have one day at the weekend when I just have no plans. I love the summer but also yern for the winter when there is nothing on and I can just snuggle up at home without feeling that I am missing out on the nice weather.

• I get that , it has become worse as I get older. I have to have one day at the weekend when I just have no plans. I love the summer but also yern for the winter when there is nothing on and I can just snuggle up at home without feeling that I am missing out on the nice weather.

Children
No Data