Diagnosed!!! Relieved!

Hello,

I was here just over a year ago, waiting to be diagnosed! I didn't stick around as I wasn't sure if I should not being diagnosed, well, I have now been diagnosed last week.

I feel so much relief and positivity! Grinning 

For the first time in my life I am feeling I actually know myself. It was a long wait, nearly 3 years in total but it was worth all the time and hassle.

Parents
  • A few months ago I did several tests and spoke in depth to my GP who said there was a very high probability that I have ASD but when he told me about the waiting list for a formal diagnosis, and even longer for any kind of therapy I declined to go on it. From what I've learned on this forum I can tell that I have a lot in common with others here, and sharing experiences has been the best therapy I could ask for. If anyone wants to exclude me because I'm undiagnosed then that's fine by me. There are enough caring individuals that respond to keep me coming back for more.

• I don't think anyone would dream of excluding you Twitch - lots of people self-diagnose and that's perfectly valid :) keep coming back! 

Reply Children
No Data