Hot Weather

The weather is going to be hot this week. It looks like I'll be getting about 27 degrees here, maybe 28 during midday times, if I'm unlucky. I'm working today as well Confused I'm so anxious about working and now I've got the heat to worry about and anxious in case I don't remember to drink as that's a problem for me. I'm surprised at this sudden increase in temperature after a much cooler August. I've got my hat and sunglasses, hoping I can hide under a tree with the children today.

Parents
  • 29.5 degrees where I work today. I hate it. I did one of those DNA family history checks a couple of years ago and it came back that my origins were a mix of 75% Celtic, 17% Danish Viking, and 8% Anglo Saxon. No wonder I prefer winter to summer. Laughing

• I have ginger hair and pale skin - I’ll be closing the south side of my flat this week and living in the north side of the flat where it’s normally a couple of degrees cooler.

• Can relate. I have a sunrise and sunset side to my flat. I leave my bedroom curtains drawn all day on the sunrise side to keep it cool. When it's really bright on the sunset side I will draw the curtains too, but I'm lucky enough to have a sea view from my living room and do enjoy the last few minutes before the sun disappears on the horizon.

I have virtually no hair and pale skin until I get a bit of a tan in the spring before the sun gets too hot.

• Can relate. I have a sunrise and sunset side to my flat. I leave my bedroom curtains drawn all day on the sunrise side to keep it cool. When it's really bright on the sunset side I will draw the curtains too, but I'm lucky enough to have a sea view from my living room and do enjoy the last few minutes before the sun disappears on the horizon.

I have virtually no hair and pale skin until I get a bit of a tan in the spring before the sun gets too hot.

Children