Assessment Report

I have been told that the report from the assessment will take at least three weeks but I’m wondering what exactly it says? Will it say what level of autism I have? The assessment process was so long and I was so emotional by the end to be diagnosed with autism that I now have many more questions and keep remembering things I forgot to tell them about which are really significant. I feel like they should give you another appointment the following week once you’ve processed it a bit , I feel completely lost! 

Parents
  • When I was diagnosed 8 years ago they covered their bets by diagnosing me as having Autism Spectrum Condition, specifically Asperger’s Syndrome. (Asperger’s Syndrome is less used now because apparently he collaborated more with the *** than previously realised) I hadn’t even heard of the idea of different levels or types of autism until recently.

(Another name you might come across is Kanner who was another pioneer in diagnosing and working with autistic people although not necessarily the same sort of autistic people as Asperger.)

• The *** are the party in power in Germany during World War II but obviously the site’s censoring software won’t let anyone use their name even when it’s justified by the context.

Reply Children
No Data