Seeking Reading List for Sheffield Hallam's PgCert in Autism

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to this wonderful community in the hope of finding some guidance. 

I recently received a diagnosis of autism, and this revelation has been a significant turning point in my life. As someone who works with autistic individuals and as a parent of an autistic son, I've always been passionate about understanding and supporting the autistic community and my personal and professional experiences have further fueled my desire to deepen my knowledge.

I'm interested in undertaking the PgCert in Autism offered by Sheffield Hallam University in collaboration with the National Autistic Society but due to my current financial circumstances, I'm unable to enroll in the course at the moment. However, I'm eager to start my learning journey and better prepare for the future when I might be able to formally take the course.

If anyone here has previously undertaken this course and could kindly share a general reading list for each module I would be so grateful as I believe that having access to this reading list will be invaluable to me in order to undertake self-directed learning in preparation for undertaking the course at a later date. If you're more comfortable sharing this information privately, please feel free to direct message me.

Your help would be immensely appreciated. I understand the importance of structured learning, and while I can't afford the course right now, I'm hoping to make the best of the resources available to me.

Thank you in advance for any assistance or guidance you can provide

Parents
  • Oh me too. Me too, please.

I have my eye on this course. Too much going on for me right now, but ultimately I want to do it. I like to start reading way ahead of any course because my dyslexia slows my reading rate but my autism demands I read everything thoroughly.

• Oh me too. Me too, please.

I have my eye on this course. Too much going on for me right now, but ultimately I want to do it. I like to start reading way ahead of any course because my dyslexia slows my reading rate but my autism demands I read everything thoroughly.

Children
No Data