Covid isn’t over.

Felt rough for the last couple of days and today feel light headed and tight chested. Did a test earlier and two lines immediately came up. I have covid again, my wife is a District Nurse and said that numbers have been rising with a new strain. Only bonus is I won’t have anyone come near me. My wife’s fellow nurses bought her a bunch of flowers yesterday for her birthday, the covid I can cope with, the Lilly’s in the bunch are driving me insane.

• Dear Roy, I  am so saddened to read this. Please take care of yourself and rest. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

• We are all doomed ! 
    Hope that puts your mind at rest Grin

• Anxiety is crazy for me at the moment but that's usual for me. It's been worse since Covid started.

I just wish we were kept in the loop. During the height of the pandemic we were informed all the time and vaccines were available for everyone but I don't like that it's not now.

It would be nice just to be informed that would put my mind at ease.

• Hi Roy.

Sorry to hear this and I hope you don't feel too rotten.

In February this year I had Covid + a chest infection + Bell's Palsy + my legs and arms on my right side wouldn't work properly (a strange phenomenon I had once before with BP).

So, I was taken into hospital as an emergency re suspected stroke, then discharged.

That evening I was stuck on the floor in the bathroom and couldn't get up.

My husband dialled 111 and they called the ambulance.

I then proceeded to have one of the most unpleasant hour's ever with the ambulance people in my bedroom constantly questioning me and intimating I'd made the whole thing up and there was nothing wrong.

They refused to take me into hospital but as a big concession the horrible man said he's call an out of hours GP.

The GP said to take me into hospital.

The horrible man told me that I'd be in the waiting room all evening and they (the ED) wouldn't take me in and I was wasting everyone's time.

Instead, I was taken straight into the emergency department ward, and told my Sats (oxygen levels) were low and I was kept in for days because of acute Covid.

I am by-the-way, in none of the 'vulnerable' Covid groups apart from being 61.

The moral of this rather long and depressing story is keep an eye on your Sats!

It's a good thing that your lovely wife is a nurse.

• I read that about the vaccine as well makes me super anxious to think we aren't protected against the latest strain.

There is about a years lead time to develop an adapted vaccine for each variant so this will always be a factor.

I would suggest trying mindfulness to bring the anxiety down if you can as you cannot influence anything around getting the vaccine any faster so you should not let that worry affect you (potentially making you more prone to catching it..).

• Wash, Rinse, Repeat; until there'll be perpetual Lib/Lab Coalition Government.

• I will hazard to say covid will never be over, just like flu and colds and noro will never be over. It's just part of the background we have to live with now.

• You may as well say that the flu isn't over unfortunately - covid has become so widely embedded globally that new strains will evolve just like flu does and we will have wave after wave for the indefinite future.

Like the flu, covid is a nuisance for most but deadly to a small minority but flu is not treated with the same fear as it is just a part of life, much as covid will become.

I wonder why we don't take the same precautions against the flu now? Common sense says we should but I don't see it in action.

• I have family in America, they have been concerned as the Biden administration has been preparing in case some States need to lockdown. Don’t think it will happen as American elections aren’t too far away.

• I read that about the vaccine as well makes me super anxious to think we aren't protected against the latest strain.

Just because we're younger doesn't mean we're less likely to get it.

• Sadly it isn't, is it?  I hope you feel better soon, Roy.

What's worrying me is that there are no plan to vaccinate the under 65s this year...errr....we need that if we want society to keep functioning and keep the death toll down.

My parents are super vulnerable, but I know I will have a battle on my hands to get a jab as their carer.

Get well soon.

• Aww Roy I'm so sorry to hear this.

Get lots of rest and I hope you will be feeling lots better soon.

• Those getting COVID, this time, only have short term effects. Usually good after about three days.

I swear to God, if there'll be another lockdown I'll give up on humanity.