What is ‘Sanctuary’?

Over the past 6 months I have been reaping-my-way through the post-diagnosis autistic service-provision, after all of the searching and hunting for answer, I have been left with a reasonable-suspicion that my initial hypothesis is true. That the field of autism lacks awareness and provision, such that only becoming your owe saviour, is the only sure way of freedom.

But this cannot be done alone, especially in the case of the incompetent and illiterate, success can only be assured though amateur-means and interest-fuelled increment, such as I am. When practiced and exposed enough the autist themself becomes the artist. But alongside the different-aspect off autism, there is also the spared-functional-aspect the side that requires a mentor and peers, to help an autist consider the extremity-and-rigidity and provide proactivity in supporting impairments.

So that begs the question of: What is sanctuary to an autistic-person? Is it a number of things balanced, or is it the glue that binds these things, or it is peer and mentor review such as is observed in this forum? Is it the opportunity for safe-exposure to threats? It is protection and safety from threats and fear?

Also what resources can an autist consider reliable and effective? Because to me it is not to be found in the upper-echelons of professional practice, nor can it be found reliably in operational service-provision, to me it has only been found amongst this forum and within my own skill-and-interest..

Parents Reply Children