Working full-time is painful but part-time is not enough

Hello. I've always been employed but it has damaged my mental health and managers' responses have traumatised me. I now work two nights a week which is ideal because I work alone in a warehouse. I haven't had a meltdown in over six months - a miracle! BUT I can't live on this. I still live with my parents at 45 and they are very anxious about my future because I can't support myself. I'm not great at saving money and no longer earn much. The problem is that most people don't understand Autism and I look like I can work. I pass as neurotypical, if not a bit eccentric and anxious, until people have known me for over a year and see me fall apart. I feel invisible. How do I get help? what happens ten years from now when I am forced to move out? I don't want to have a relationship and prefer to be alone, away from people, so I don't know how I can live? I have a lot of anxiety about this. What do I do? 

Parents
  • Have you tried to apply for PIP? Thats a nice start to the stability journey for autists, just take a look at the questions and consider in your mind how to apply your issues to each question, don’t be intimidated by example answers, they are designed to chase-away those with hidden-disabilities..:)

• Have you tried to apply for PIP? Thats a nice start to the stability journey for autists, just take a look at the questions and consider in your mind how to apply your issues to each question, don’t be intimidated by example answers, they are designed to chase-away those with hidden-disabilities..:)

Children
  • I applied but was not successful. I was really hurt by the response. To be honest I don't know if I qualify. I'm ok with personal care, I can organise myself. I get to work on time. It's just what happens when I'm there! There is no real evidence for the issues I have and mental health services could only report what I had told them. I gave my medical records. I don't like the idea of an appeal, it sounds stressful, although I heard few people are accepted first time.