Disclosing to family, assessment form

Hello, first post but need some advice/help.

Going through the assessment and need to get my parents to complete the informant pre-assessment form but I am having a lot of stress trying to figure out how to tell them I'm going through this process and need them involved. I have a good relationship with them but I can only imagine them taking it badly if I don't get it right.

Do any notes or templates exist online that I could use? Or do you guys have any tips that made it easier if you involved your parents?

Parents
  • If you have a good recallection of your childhood then there is no need for your parents to fill in the forms I believe.

Some parents will refuse, some may have died and some may be unavailable so the process has to accommodate these situations.

When returning the forms just point out that you were unable to get your parents to complete the forms - no need to go into the reasons why. If they do ask then say your parents react badly when the issue is raised so for the sake of your own mental health you chose not to engage in that conflict.

• Sadly my recollection is quite poor beyond a few snippets of memories, I definitely don't know any of the details being asked for like when I first started talking or walking, so I really would need their input. But it's good to know there's some allowance for family not providing that info.

• Sadly my recollection is quite poor beyond a few snippets of memories, I definitely don't know any of the details being asked for like when I first started talking or walking, so I really would need their input. But it's good to know there's some allowance for family not providing that info.

Children