University Timetable

A couple of days ago I posted on here about wanting to pay attention in lectures. However, I managed to have a look at my timetable today for September-December and I have 7 hours of lectures every Monday split into 9am-1pm and 3pm-5pm. Unfortunately, at least 4 of these hours are for a module where part of your grade is dependent on your attendance.

I know no one can help me, and the school has never done anything about timetable issues in the years gone past so it's not possible for this to get changed. I'm just very worried for how I am supposed to cope with this. It will completely wipe me out :(

Parents
  • Hi, Have you reached out to your university? My university has a 'disability resource centre' (I don't think of myself as disabled but that's just what it is called)- your university should have something similar- Could you reach out to them? One option is for example that you can record the lectures so that you can listen to them in your own time (there was a student in my year who had permission to make her own recordings of lectures, even before the pandemic). Or maybe someone else could even record them for you and they could agree to relax the attendance requirement? Or if there is any other option you can think of that might help you can suggest this! The university is obliged to make reasonable adjustments to make sure that you can learn effectively. You are entitled to this. 

• Hi, Have you reached out to your university? My university has a 'disability resource centre' (I don't think of myself as disabled but that's just what it is called)- your university should have something similar- Could you reach out to them? One option is for example that you can record the lectures so that you can listen to them in your own time (there was a student in my year who had permission to make her own recordings of lectures, even before the pandemic). Or maybe someone else could even record them for you and they could agree to relax the attendance requirement? Or if there is any other option you can think of that might help you can suggest this! The university is obliged to make reasonable adjustments to make sure that you can learn effectively. You are entitled to this. 

Children
  • Actually at my university, there is also an option of having a person with you that will take notes for you in case that is helpful. This is another thing you could suggest if you think this could help. They really should be doing something to help you!