Autism and dating

I wish there was an autism dating website. I've tried online dating and it's been horrific so far! I feel like it would be better trying to date other autistic people but there don't seem to be any autism sites.

Sometimes I really want to be with someone but because of my autism and difficulties I feel like no one would want me. I've got a job now so I can at least provide for myself but so far everyone I've met online hasn't been very nice and understanding of my difficulties.

Parents
  • I'm a little surprised that nobody has started something like that on this site. Perhaps it's against regulations.

My last relationship ended because my partner couldn't cope with my behavioural traits, but I can't decide if it would be better or worse to be with someone who has similar traits. Might it make things even harder? I don't really know. What I do know is that I'm happy in my own company about 75% of the time but do have times, usually weekend evenings, where I really wish I had someone to share a movie with, or a bottle of wine, or a curry. I'm not a needy person which means I often lack the capacity to recognise the needs of others.

• I'm a little surprised that nobody has started something like that on this site. Perhaps it's against regulations.

My last relationship ended because my partner couldn't cope with my behavioural traits, but I can't decide if it would be better or worse to be with someone who has similar traits. Might it make things even harder? I don't really know. What I do know is that I'm happy in my own company about 75% of the time but do have times, usually weekend evenings, where I really wish I had someone to share a movie with, or a bottle of wine, or a curry. I'm not a needy person which means I often lack the capacity to recognise the needs of others.

Children
No Data