PGCE and Teaching

I am about to start my pgce year through university. I’ve been asked whether I give permission for my university to pass on details of my diagnosis to my placement schools but I don’t know if I should. Obviously this shouldn’t be the way but I am so scared of facing adversity due to my diagnosis but equally I don’t want to deny support that may be available to me. Any advice?

Parents
  • I'd let them know. I was undiagnosed all though 20+ years of teaching and now know the struggles I repeatedly faced could have been mitigated with some reasonable adjustments.

I might have stayed in teaching if so. I was diagnosed three years after leaving the job. A colleague I stay in touch with always comments that I was a great teacher, but I went through too many struggles to go back to it now.

• I'd let them know. I was undiagnosed all though 20+ years of teaching and now know the struggles I repeatedly faced could have been mitigated with some reasonable adjustments.

I might have stayed in teaching if so. I was diagnosed three years after leaving the job. A colleague I stay in touch with always comments that I was a great teacher, but I went through too many struggles to go back to it now.

Children
No Data