Housing association

Hi, first time posting here but don't know which way to turn.

My son has autism, adhd and learning difficulties, he has always gone to SEN schools and colleges and since leaving college we've tried to create as much of a normal life as possible. He attends a few social groups and volunteers at a charity shop once a week.

We have been in our current home for 10 years now, my son is 21 so pretty much this is the only home he remembers, but our housing association has just informed us they won't be renewing our tenancy because we are under occupied, 3 people in a 3 bed house, our other children have grown up and flown the nest.

I'm very concerned about how this will impact my son as his routine is gospel and any variation of his routine causes him major distress that can last weeks. They have this information and are meeting with us on Thursday to go through the appeals process.

Is there any organisations that could help support us please? We've had very little help since our son has left college (social services were hopeless) and I just want to try and make his adult life as stable as possible.

Any help will be very much appreciated 

Parents Reply Children
No Data