how do I not misunderstand other people's intentions and then going off on one?

I sometimes get in to a one sided misunderstanding with people and I don't know their intentions or if they're upset with me or angry which in return makes me angry and I snap at them only to find out they have no ill intent or they're not upset or angry I then start hurling insults and going angry in the street shouting at myself then I hit things, and it ruins my day because I misunderstood someone, how do I stop this or any advice 

Parents
  • Well Jordan, if you are anything like me, then the thing you describe is simply a fact of life.  It happens with me, sometimes dramatically, sometimes on the down-low........but if definitely happens to me on occasion, no matter how hard I try to avoid it.

Needless to say, I do try and do everything I can to minimise how often it happens.....and I do that by asking lots of questions and making statements that I ask people to confirm or deny.  It can weird people out - you can see them thinking "are you a simpleton or something".....but I do find it's far easier to discover that I'm off down the wrong track as early as possible.

I tend to recount someones story or statement back to them with a "so that must have been tricky / complex / exciting / sad etc".....often they will look at me - blink - and say something like "no mate, I'm only joking obviously" or similar.

I find misunderstanding to be a fact of my life.

• Well Jordan, if you are anything like me, then the thing you describe is simply a fact of life.  It happens with me, sometimes dramatically, sometimes on the down-low........but if definitely happens to me on occasion, no matter how hard I try to avoid it.

Needless to say, I do try and do everything I can to minimise how often it happens.....and I do that by asking lots of questions and making statements that I ask people to confirm or deny.  It can weird people out - you can see them thinking "are you a simpleton or something".....but I do find it's far easier to discover that I'm off down the wrong track as early as possible.

I tend to recount someones story or statement back to them with a "so that must have been tricky / complex / exciting / sad etc".....often they will look at me - blink - and say something like "no mate, I'm only joking obviously" or similar.

I find misunderstanding to be a fact of my life.

Children
No Data