Question about echolalia

I never had echolalia during childhood, but I started having echolalia as I got older. What does that mean?

I started to constantly copy cat sounds, as I also like cats, although I try to hide my echolalia, because I am worried that some people might get annoyed by it.

Parents
  • I feel that I have learnt something new, as I had been previously unaware that Echolalia could affect adults.

When my son was young, I remember his health visitor had picked up on the fact that if I asked him if he wanted a drink and gave him a choice of two types of drink, he would always repeat the last drink, even if it wasn't what he actually wanted. As a result, he was referred to a speech therapist and also a paediatric occupational therapist.

• I feel that I have learnt something new, as I had been previously unaware that Echolalia could affect adults.

When my son was young, I remember his health visitor had picked up on the fact that if I asked him if he wanted a drink and gave him a choice of two types of drink, he would always repeat the last drink, even if it wasn't what he actually wanted. As a result, he was referred to a speech therapist and also a paediatric occupational therapist.

Children
No Data