Question about echolalia

I never had echolalia during childhood, but I started having echolalia as I got older. What does that mean?

I started to constantly copy cat sounds, as I also like cats, although I try to hide my echolalia, because I am worried that some people might get annoyed by it.

Parents
  • I used to work with a colleague who often had echolalia, usually rather quietly. He tended to repeat the last three or four words said to him. I never heard anyone make comments about it. He was a nice guy who seemed to fit in rather better than I did.

He never actually spoke to me about it, but I guess he was autistic; I don't know if there are any other conditions which cause it.

Ben

• I used to work with a colleague who often had echolalia, usually rather quietly. He tended to repeat the last three or four words said to him. I never heard anyone make comments about it. He was a nice guy who seemed to fit in rather better than I did.

He never actually spoke to me about it, but I guess he was autistic; I don't know if there are any other conditions which cause it.

Ben

Children
No Data