Can't get help for a breakdown

I went to my doctor on Thursday and told him I'm not coping (mainly because of the loneliness); he says he can't phone support worker companies for me to help me get a support worker, despite the fact that that's exactly what I need. And apparently there's nothing else he can do.

If I can't get help from the NHS when I'm depressed, and social services won't give me a support worker, where am I supposed to get help from?!!

Parents
  • I am sorry to read about your predicament.

Unfortunately, as a result of the NHS and council services (i.e. Social Services) being underfunded, under-staffed, etc, the onus seems to be on us adults to take responsibility for ourselves and do things that may be out of our comfort zone, or in some instances prove impossible for us, such as making phone calls.

You have my sympathies, as it sounds like you have been stuck in a vicious circle for over a decade.

• I am sorry to read about your predicament.

Unfortunately, as a result of the NHS and council services (i.e. Social Services) being underfunded, under-staffed, etc, the onus seems to be on us adults to take responsibility for ourselves and do things that may be out of our comfort zone, or in some instances prove impossible for us, such as making phone calls.

You have my sympathies, as it sounds like you have been stuck in a vicious circle for over a decade.

Children
No Data