Can't get help for a breakdown

I went to my doctor on Thursday and told him I'm not coping (mainly because of the loneliness); he says he can't phone support worker companies for me to help me get a support worker, despite the fact that that's exactly what I need. And apparently there's nothing else he can do.

If I can't get help from the NHS when I'm depressed, and social services won't give me a support worker, where am I supposed to get help from?!!

Parents
  • Hi Mark, 

What makes you say that social services won't give you a support worker, have you already tried that avenue? 

I'd strongly recommend contacting the citizens advice buro as they might be able to signpost you in the right direction of where to look and who to contact. 

If you are in a crisis right now please call (or email) the Samaritains they can help and are quite responsive on email in my experience. (I am not much of a phone talker). 

Good luck and keep writing to us with more specifics if you feel like you can so maybe we can offer better advice.  

• Hi Mark, 

What makes you say that social services won't give you a support worker, have you already tried that avenue? 

I'd strongly recommend contacting the citizens advice buro as they might be able to signpost you in the right direction of where to look and who to contact. 

If you are in a crisis right now please call (or email) the Samaritains they can help and are quite responsive on email in my experience. (I am not much of a phone talker). 

Good luck and keep writing to us with more specifics if you feel like you can so maybe we can offer better advice.  

Children
No Data