Can't get help for a breakdown

I went to my doctor on Thursday and told him I'm not coping (mainly because of the loneliness); he says he can't phone support worker companies for me to help me get a support worker, despite the fact that that's exactly what I need. And apparently there's nothing else he can do.

If I can't get help from the NHS when I'm depressed, and social services won't give me a support worker, where am I supposed to get help from?!!

Parents
  • It seems so simple to some people, they say,,,,,, Well you need to get out more...... What are your interests/hobbies.... join a club

But it's not that easy, is it.

How old are you, are you only young. I'm lonely, but i'm 70yrs old. 'm struggling living alone, i've got a long list of medical problems, up to now i've refused a helper coming in. I think 'cos of the autism, i don't want people in the house. Now they've told me i have Parkinsons, so i'm thinking of downsizing and going into one of those over 60s places, where i can have my own flat but help on hand should i need it. I think one of the main reasons i want to go.......... perhaps i'll meet others in a similar position....... and i'll not be lonely.

• It seems so simple to some people, they say,,,,,, Well you need to get out more...... What are your interests/hobbies.... join a club

But it's not that easy, is it.

How old are you, are you only young. I'm lonely, but i'm 70yrs old. 'm struggling living alone, i've got a long list of medical problems, up to now i've refused a helper coming in. I think 'cos of the autism, i don't want people in the house. Now they've told me i have Parkinsons, so i'm thinking of downsizing and going into one of those over 60s places, where i can have my own flat but help on hand should i need it. I think one of the main reasons i want to go.......... perhaps i'll meet others in a similar position....... and i'll not be lonely.

Children
No Data