Can't get help for a breakdown

I went to my doctor on Thursday and told him I'm not coping (mainly because of the loneliness); he says he can't phone support worker companies for me to help me get a support worker, despite the fact that that's exactly what I need. And apparently there's nothing else he can do.

If I can't get help from the NHS when I'm depressed, and social services won't give me a support worker, where am I supposed to get help from?!!

Parents
  • If I can't get help from the NHS when I'm depressed, and social services won't give me a support worker, where am I supposed to get help from?!!

As A=BCD says there are no support services for people such as ourselves. We are seen as capable or organising our own support so the meagre resources that the NHS and Social Services have are used to deal with those who need it a lot more than us.

The normal approach in a situation such as yours is to ask a familiy member, friend or colleague to step up and help you help yourself. You are clearly intelligent enough (in their eyes) so it requires you to apply yourself to find a way to manage the symptoms of autism that are causing you problems.

We have gotten pretty good in this site of providng pointers to let you empower yourself to take more control over your symptoms / issues so if you are up for sharing more detail of what your general situation is and what symptoms are causing you most grief then we can try to help.

Note we are not permitted to offer medical advice on here but can suggest things for you to look into further and make your own decisions.

Just remember to keep any personally idetifiable info out of the discussion to maintain your anonymity.

• If I can't get help from the NHS when I'm depressed, and social services won't give me a support worker, where am I supposed to get help from?!!

As A=BCD says there are no support services for people such as ourselves. We are seen as capable or organising our own support so the meagre resources that the NHS and Social Services have are used to deal with those who need it a lot more than us.

The normal approach in a situation such as yours is to ask a familiy member, friend or colleague to step up and help you help yourself. You are clearly intelligent enough (in their eyes) so it requires you to apply yourself to find a way to manage the symptoms of autism that are causing you problems.

We have gotten pretty good in this site of providng pointers to let you empower yourself to take more control over your symptoms / issues so if you are up for sharing more detail of what your general situation is and what symptoms are causing you most grief then we can try to help.

Note we are not permitted to offer medical advice on here but can suggest things for you to look into further and make your own decisions.

Just remember to keep any personally idetifiable info out of the discussion to maintain your anonymity.

Children
No Data