The Trauma/Autism overlap

I am keen to open a discussion about how significant trauma and autism overlap. I'm picturing a Venn diagram.

I suffer from complex PTSD and have often wondered, in a chicken-or-egg situation: Have I encountered more trauma in my life because I am autistic? Have my autistic traits made me more of a target for bad *** to happen to?

I am a member of online groups for people with CPTSD and also for women with autism and very often if you obscured the title of the page they're posted from, you wouldn't be able to guess which post is for which topic, they seem to be, often, almost interchangeable. 

Anyway, probably best we don't go into graphic detail but here to share stories with anyone else struggling with this or a similar condition. It's tough out there. More power to you. 

Parents Reply
  • They concluded that autists use stimming to mitigate over-stimulation and compensate for under-stimulation.  
    And additional studies confirmed the relationship, between hyper-sensitivity and anxiety, and anxiety and insistence-on-sameness.

Children
No Data