Occ Health referral

Following my diagnosis last year I have struggled to get support from my workplace. I was eventually referred to Occ Health after a fight to get the referral.

Occ Health agreed there were some very reasonable adjustments which would make work better for me. Workplace agreed and should have put them in place.

7 months on work are still not consistent in providing reasonable adjustments.

As a result of having to make yet another complaint about the lack of reasonable adjustments I had a moment of being overwhelmed by thoughts and had a small accident at work with a piece of equipment - no-one was hurt. Very little damage.

As I declared on an accident form that the effect of repeatedly not having the reasonable adjustments led to rumination distracting me, work now want to refer me to Occ Health again.

All this is happening at the same time that I have lodged a grievance for disability discrimination (as advised by union) due to "failure to provide reasonable adjustments."

I feel they are now using the accident, an effect of their lack of support for my disability, as a reason to get rid of me because I can't be trusted with the equipment needed despite no previous incidents in over 30 years of using that type of equipment.

Union are involved, but I could do with some advice / reasssurance.

Parents Reply
  • I meant if you have a regular meeting for other purposes (catchup on whether targets are being me, update on other stuff going on in the department / company, team catch up meetings etc) then it would be worth checking up on the progress of any accommodations that have yet to be implemented - AND for you to give feedback on whether the existing ones are working well enough.

If nothing else it is a chance to let your boss know he is doing a decent job in relation to your needs which may make him feel good, and hence more likely to keep it up (we all need an occasional bit of positivity from time to time).

Children
No Data