Answering Questions without preparation

Does anyone else gets thrown by questions?

Examples for me are, having to come up with something on a course, especially that thing they do sometimes where everyone has to introduce themselves.

Interviews are difficult because I can never think of examples on the spot.

I even was thrown recently when asked in a situation when asked what my favourite song was.

These kind of things make me panic that I have to think of something quickly.

Parents
  • Is it because you can't think of an answer or is it because your mind is actually thinking of about a dozen different answers and they're so busy fighting inside your mind that no single one comes forward? Your example of naming a favourite song would throw me because at any given time it could be one of about five different songs. If I was to answer right now, obviously without the added pressure of an interview situation, it would be 'Everlong' by The Foo Fighters. Tomorrow it might be 'Itchycoo Park' by Small Faces, and so on.

• Is it because you can't think of an answer or is it because your mind is actually thinking of about a dozen different answers and they're so busy fighting inside your mind that no single one comes forward? Your example of naming a favourite song would throw me because at any given time it could be one of about five different songs. If I was to answer right now, obviously without the added pressure of an interview situation, it would be 'Everlong' by The Foo Fighters. Tomorrow it might be 'Itchycoo Park' by Small Faces, and so on.

Children
  • The first thing is my mind goes totally blank, then my brain doesn't work as fast as I think people expect it to work, then yes if I do think of something like a song I end up with several and are any my favourite at this moment?