Answering Questions without preparation

Does anyone else gets thrown by questions?

Examples for me are, having to come up with something on a course, especially that thing they do sometimes where everyone has to introduce themselves.

Interviews are difficult because I can never think of examples on the spot.

I even was thrown recently when asked in a situation when asked what my favourite song was.

These kind of things make me panic that I have to think of something quickly.

Parents
  • Yes I can find this difficult. Especially in a situation when it matters. At my autism diagnosis I was fine because it had all been discussed at the pre-diagnosis, for which I had been sent the questions and written reams. But at the end he asked me if there were any accommodations I wanted and i was thrown for a loop because I was tired and hadn't expected it. I blethered something about having trouble accessing health services and would prefer email, and tried to say something about my problems with their attitude to me having to have blood tests, but I didn't say it right and now could have done with my diagnosis saying something like that I need more autonomy in things like blood tests as they have just sent me this year's and it says they want me to have it a specific week! It usually just has to be done before I have to order my next meds which gives me a couple of months, and is triggering my demand avoidance! So I have just sent them an email, hope they respond and favourably...

I am bad at favourites. I either don't have any or I have more than one. And part of me kind of feels bad about having favourites!

• Yes I can find this difficult. Especially in a situation when it matters. At my autism diagnosis I was fine because it had all been discussed at the pre-diagnosis, for which I had been sent the questions and written reams. But at the end he asked me if there were any accommodations I wanted and i was thrown for a loop because I was tired and hadn't expected it. I blethered something about having trouble accessing health services and would prefer email, and tried to say something about my problems with their attitude to me having to have blood tests, but I didn't say it right and now could have done with my diagnosis saying something like that I need more autonomy in things like blood tests as they have just sent me this year's and it says they want me to have it a specific week! It usually just has to be done before I have to order my next meds which gives me a couple of months, and is triggering my demand avoidance! So I have just sent them an email, hope they respond and favourably...

I am bad at favourites. I either don't have any or I have more than one. And part of me kind of feels bad about having favourites!

Children