Outside-the-Box Income Generation

I resigned myself to the fact that I could NEVER hold down a regular job; which would provide a decent wage.

I might resurrect the idea of doing a Podcast. But what to talk about? I'm a Polymath, so tons of s**t interests me.

Parents
  • I might resurrect the idea of doing a Podcast.

A fairly important aspect to have a successful podcast (other than content) is to have a good speaking voice.

Many autists have a fairly monotone voice which does not make for stimulating listening so I strongly recommend getting some impartial opinions before puting a lot of effort into the podcast.

If this turns out not to be an issue then start writing a list of subjects for your first dozen shows - this should tell you faitly quickly if there is enough to keep you going for more than a few shows.

Research others doing the same thing, steal a few ideas and see where you can stand out as being different.

Check the revenues available from the process - see if it can make the time spent worth while.

Get someone to help with the marketing - this is normally way harder than it sounds.

Good luck

• I might resurrect the idea of doing a Podcast.

A fairly important aspect to have a successful podcast (other than content) is to have a good speaking voice.

Many autists have a fairly monotone voice which does not make for stimulating listening so I strongly recommend getting some impartial opinions before puting a lot of effort into the podcast.

If this turns out not to be an issue then start writing a list of subjects for your first dozen shows - this should tell you faitly quickly if there is enough to keep you going for more than a few shows.

Research others doing the same thing, steal a few ideas and see where you can stand out as being different.

Check the revenues available from the process - see if it can make the time spent worth while.

Get someone to help with the marketing - this is normally way harder than it sounds.

Good luck

Children
No Data