University Offer Refused Due to my Spoken Communication

Hey Guys, thanks in advance for listening. I've been refused a place on a secondary English PGCE Programme at a prestigious  University because in their exact words:

One key area that we felt made our course not right for you relates to spoken communication. We felt that you would need to work on how you respond to and include others in group discussion activities, as well as maintaining focus spoken discussion.

They are aware that I have ASD and ADHD. I have asked them to reconsider and asked if as this was the only reason and they were again in their words aware that I had very many talents, could I complete a fitness to teach assessment as this is part of their policy. I'm already a lecturer at a local college and a guest lecturer at universities. 

They have just emailed to say they will not reconsider and if I am unhappy I need to make a formal complaint. 

Does anyone have any thoughts and is there anywhere I can approach to assist me in making a complaint as I struggle with forms? 

Many thanks

Emma 

Parents
  • its a tricky one because its english and in english subject at higher levels it would be very strict and require really perfect verbal english communications.

if its total english all across the board which any higher english would be then it would require good verbal skills.
    if it was written english/english literature then you could call them out on discrimination.

• I'm already a lecturer at university and a local college, the university I also mentor students one to one and in groups. The university have written a letter of support for my teaching abilities to Exeter university and I have a huge amount of recommendations on linkedin talking about my abilities in a very positive light. Exeter also marked my spoken communication as exceptional in the micro teach I was required to perform. So the spoken communication was purely during my interview including group which was marked as not as strong as other students.

• I'm already a lecturer at university and a local college, the university I also mentor students one to one and in groups. The university have written a letter of support for my teaching abilities to Exeter university and I have a huge amount of recommendations on linkedin talking about my abilities in a very positive light. Exeter also marked my spoken communication as exceptional in the micro teach I was required to perform. So the spoken communication was purely during my interview including group which was marked as not as strong as other students.

Children
No Data