Need advice on getting my life back on track

At school I always had a decent amount of friends and I've had a few girlifriends as well, but since leaving school my life has hit rock bottom (I won't go into why) and now I have no friends, no girlfriend and no job, I could've done quite well according to my teachers but I got kicked out of school with no GCSEs. I honestly wouldn't know where to start, I'd like to get a decent job but I suppose I'd need a degree for that, and like I say I have no qualifications at all. I also could really do with making some friends (around my own age, which is 25) and getting a girlfriend as well, but I wouldn't know where to begin there either. I've always been a bit shy which only got worse when my life went down the toilet, I think I'm getting a bit better now but I'm still fairly shy. I honestly can't remember how you make friends or get a girlfriend and the thought of trying to do either is quite scary to me. I'd hate to be made a fool of. Also worth mentioning I want to move to a different town as this one is so small and boring, but that would make it even more difficult as I wouldn't know anybody. I can't help but thinking that this is my life forever, they say it's hard for any adult to make friends, let alone someone with Aspergers, and I don't see how I can go from unqualified bum to someone with a good job either.

Parents
  • Advise offered:

ask yourself this

What is it that, all the while you're doing it, makes you forget about all the other things to be done?

when you answer that you've got the key. There is always something.

use that activity to find others who share your activity as a common ground. 

For examples

cosplay, chess, coding, gaming, art, jet propulsion lab, harvesters, musicals, engines, cats, sci fi stories telling or reading etc...

It's something to try.

regards , U

• Advise offered:

ask yourself this

What is it that, all the while you're doing it, makes you forget about all the other things to be done?

when you answer that you've got the key. There is always something.

use that activity to find others who share your activity as a common ground. 

For examples

cosplay, chess, coding, gaming, art, jet propulsion lab, harvesters, musicals, engines, cats, sci fi stories telling or reading etc...

It's something to try.

regards , U

Children
No Data