Free prescriptions on UC

Does anyone understand the rules on free prescriptions while you're claiming UC? I've been to pick up a prescription this morning and ticked the UC box but now I'm looking online to check that was the right thing to do as I also work. Panicking now, thinking I've made an error and I'm going to get a penalty letter in the post! 

Parents
  • i dunno as universal credit makes it confusing as its a mix of every single benefit, which makes it hard for services to say who can then claim what...

but if you have no income, and its not like a contributions based, then it should be ok... thats what i gather looking at my dentist recently, i was in 2 days ago and they had a thing on the wall that said stuff like that. so no contribution based benefit and no other income and your all covered.

• i dunno as universal credit makes it confusing as its a mix of every single benefit, which makes it hard for services to say who can then claim what...

but if you have no income, and its not like a contributions based, then it should be ok... thats what i gather looking at my dentist recently, i was in 2 days ago and they had a thing on the wall that said stuff like that. so no contribution based benefit and no other income and your all covered.

Children
No Data