I went out tonight

So my whole journey to here starting with attempting to learn to make friends. I will have to tell you later if these early stages work out but, I got invited to a movie with a group. The one lady I know invited me so I'm not part of the group.

It was awkward but I tried to talk to whoever ended up next to me and it went ok. I really only questioned myself in the theater. I sat between the lady that I know and another person in the group. Before the movie started I wasn't sure if I needed to talk equally to both of them or focus on my new friend so we could bond more. My decision was that I was over thinking and equal would seem odd but that didn't really help the over thinking lol.

Anyway, I will let you all know if this experiment of mine ends in a few people that I can go do things with. I am just happy tonight. I wanted to talk to someone about but, There's no one here at my house to tell.

• I was going to add that you are correct and I am trying to relax in new groups

Being close to your authentic self is a great way to be relaxed.

This would have the added benefit of your new friends knowing the authentic you from the start so there is no adjusting to the differences for when you mask / unmask.

I'm proud of you for this.

• Congratulations and well done.

This is a huge step to take and I'm glad you are enjoying it so far. Try not to overthink and worry about it focus on the positives and remember to pat yourself on the back for even doing it in the first place! 

Look forward to hearing your next update. ^^

• I accidentally hit reply too early. I was going to add that you are correct and I am trying to relax in new groups

• I just wasn't sure the balance between seeming distant or overly talkative

• My decision was that I was over thinking and equal would seem odd but that didn't really help the over thinking lol.

It is great that you are getting out there and making new friends.

With the allocating equal amounts of discussion to each person - absolutely not necessary. So long a s you give each one at least some chat, nobody is keeping tabs on the time spent. You just need to do what feels right to you and stop overthinking it.

I'm looking forward to the updates...