Quirks :)

I started keeping a list of some of my quirks because I find them amusing Slight smile so I thought I'd share some of mine, you can add your own ones to the thread below if you feel like it: 

- I can't touch hangers - they freak me out.

- certain kinds of pasta are WRONG.

- particular bowls in my kitchen are for specific things (pasta, cereal) and cannot be mixed up.

- I haven't worn underwear since the pandemic.

• Most of my discarded ones were due to breaking.

• I wore the same type of underpants for years. Changed every day. However when they started wearing out I looked everywhere to buy exactly the same in stores and online but could not find the same.

I used a storage bowl for vegetables for years. When it wore out I looked everywhere to find the exact same type and size every where I could not find one. I still want exactly the same bowl. The same, that is the same oh well!  

• I can only write in black ink. If I start writing in blue by mistake I have to stop, find a black pen, then overwrite what's in blue with black.

My family came to visit my new flat at the weekend and I had to give them all matching mugs for their tea/coffee.

I tend to buy the same socks all the time and if they get mixed up in the wash I actually check them afterwards in order to match up pairs to the same wear levels. If I get a hole in one sock I'll keep washing it and wearing it until I have a matching one with a hole in before I can throw them out. An odd single sock in a drawer...that's the stuff of nightmares.

• I stim the-hell-out when I watch dramatic moments..especially in anime.. I literally have so much too much to process that I overflow..:’D

• My mum, bless her, has a drawer full of odd cutlery and it drives me crazy if I have a meal with her because I have to rummage around to find a matching set. At home I bought two full sets of the same cutlery to make sure I had enough. If I'd needed to buy more at a later date and couldn't find that same set I'd have taken them to a charity shop and bought all new matching ones.

• I can mostly trust my eyes enough not to do that. My short term memory, not so much, so there's a lot of going back because maybe I didn't actually check that light was off or that door was locked. 

• Literally pissing myself laughing at how seriously we all took this - myself majorly included. I was doing complex maths and physics at how this would work! THIS should be the autism test on the NHS. 

• OH haahahahha has caught us in the classic Autistic trap - we took it too literally. I am so laughing right now. 

• Have you ever turned on a light that's obviously not on just so you can physically turn it off again to be certain? I used to do it regularly but forced myself to stop doing it because it's so irrational.

• I guess the options are either that what they call a lid is what we might call the seat, or they hold the lid mostly down and go through the gap. 

• I horde coffee. I have three jars of normal coffee and three jars of decaffeinated at home and two of each in my office desk drawer at work. When one runs out I buy a replacement. Can't tell you why. Some innate fear of running out perhaps. The other one is bars of Dove soap. Have to keep at least three of those in reserve as well. Only recently started doing the same with Oral-B toothpaste. I think it starts when I find a brand I like or trust to do the job. You never know when something will be discontinued these days so I horde it to maintain a supply.

• I'm still confused. Former Member said he wees with the 'lid down' which implies the whole toilet is closed and he's pissing on top of it?

• I get up everyday at 7.54am not 7.55am or 8.00am but 7.54am. I look out of my window at the woods for a couple of minutes then say in my mind; let love be within let love surround me and love be sent out!  I make myself a Whole Earth drink take it back to bed and get up to wash at 8.25am yes not 8.30am but 8.25am. The timing is a kind of click switch for me that I wait for.

I do Anne Halprin dance at 10am for 20mins (any movement is dance) while listening to Radio 3 for 10mins then Radio6, from classical to rock, then meditate for 5 minutes. 

I like to go to the same cafe Mon, Wed, Fri at the same time and time myself to stay for 1 hour 30mins.

Oh dear now I am writing this it seems weird. I thought it was normal.

Hey guys is this quirky?

• The splashing isn't really a problem. It's flushing without closing the lid that you want to avoid. 

Unless you're going with the force of Niagara Falls, I doubt you'll be able to make any droplets that leave the toilet. 

• My autistic friend believes that KC is on the spectrum ....

• Chatting to plants, objects and animals is much better than with people. 

I often chat to myself. 

• That's a lot!

I profoundly hare your preference for talk with animals, inanimate objects, myself and then other humans in that order.  A notable quirk (I am told!)