Quirks :)

I started keeping a list of some of my quirks because I find them amusing Slight smile so I thought I'd share some of mine, you can add your own ones to the thread below if you feel like it: 

- I can't touch hangers - they freak me out.

- certain kinds of pasta are WRONG.

- particular bowls in my kitchen are for specific things (pasta, cereal) and cannot be mixed up.

- I haven't worn underwear since the pandemic.

Parents
  • I love this list of Quirks Autumn Trees. 

Does the not wearing underwear link with the pandemic, or a coincidence? 

I guess mine is, i can only use certain cutlery. If it is wrong i wont use it. 

I have to use alternating pens on alternating days. Blue/Black/Blue/Black. When one runs out i keep the empty shell and replace it with two, until my pencil case cant fit any more in. Then i have to deplete it until empty and start again. The whole process takes years. 

Cups have to match if someone is having tea with me. 

People cant use my pens. If they do i must wash them with soap. My colleagues know my pens are marked and to stay away. I even have decoy pens on my desk for those tea leafs in the office. 

My food cant touch. 

I cant open new socks until my old ones have 'run out'. 

Oh my. I have just realised there are many. I could go on but i'll stop now!!!!

• I love this list of Quirks Autumn Trees. 

Does the not wearing underwear link with the pandemic, or a coincidence? 

I guess mine is, i can only use certain cutlery. If it is wrong i wont use it. 

I have to use alternating pens on alternating days. Blue/Black/Blue/Black. When one runs out i keep the empty shell and replace it with two, until my pencil case cant fit any more in. Then i have to deplete it until empty and start again. The whole process takes years. 

Cups have to match if someone is having tea with me. 

People cant use my pens. If they do i must wash them with soap. My colleagues know my pens are marked and to stay away. I even have decoy pens on my desk for those tea leafs in the office. 

My food cant touch. 

I cant open new socks until my old ones have 'run out'. 

Oh my. I have just realised there are many. I could go on but i'll stop now!!!!

Children
  • I can only write in black ink. If I start writing in blue by mistake I have to stop, find a black pen, then overwrite what's in blue with black.

My family came to visit my new flat at the weekend and I had to give them all matching mugs for their tea/coffee.

I tend to buy the same socks all the time and if they get mixed up in the wash I actually check them afterwards in order to match up pairs to the same wear levels. If I get a hole in one sock I'll keep washing it and wearing it until I have a matching one with a hole in before I can throw them out. An odd single sock in a drawer...that's the stuff of nightmares.

• The stopping wearing underwear in the pandemic...I think it was partially being thrown into full time home work, I just wasn't getting dressed much (still don't!) also women underwear just isn't that comfy! I didn't like how it always digs in and leaves marks and feels too tight. So I decided I am done with the underwear life and now I just wear tights or leggings - I don't wear short skirts so I haven't flashed anyone!