Act like someone else

I find myself having to act like someone else just to get through work and get on with colleagues and talk in the shops. Don't know if there's a term for it. I wish I could just be myself but I don't think I could get through the day if I did that.

Parents
  • Why do you think you wouldnt get through the day if you were to be yourself?

Masking has exhausted me. But i didnt know that i was doing it until i realised earlier this year, that i am autistic. Little by litte why not try dropping your mask, where you feel comfortable to do so. You should be accepted as you are. But we have put on the mask, so this is who oeople think we are. But still some of my personality would show. Sometimes people would laugh at me, but most of the time it didnt bother me. But i was naive and didnt see it. Some things go over my head. 

You could be masking some amazing qualities that you have. It is a very interesting subject.

In a work environment and depending on the role that we have or have had, i imagine some settings could make it a challenge for us to drop our mask, but if we are good at what we do, which is usually the case, then lets encourage each other to have more confidence to be ourselves. 

• Why do you think you wouldnt get through the day if you were to be yourself?

Masking has exhausted me. But i didnt know that i was doing it until i realised earlier this year, that i am autistic. Little by litte why not try dropping your mask, where you feel comfortable to do so. You should be accepted as you are. But we have put on the mask, so this is who oeople think we are. But still some of my personality would show. Sometimes people would laugh at me, but most of the time it didnt bother me. But i was naive and didnt see it. Some things go over my head. 

You could be masking some amazing qualities that you have. It is a very interesting subject.

In a work environment and depending on the role that we have or have had, i imagine some settings could make it a challenge for us to drop our mask, but if we are good at what we do, which is usually the case, then lets encourage each other to have more confidence to be ourselves. 

Children
No Data